Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Blog # 3: Conflict

In my novel there are a few conflict's that both of my characters face. The main one is a conflict where there trapped in the wrong lives and living different lives.

Close to the end of my book the characters Naia and Alaric travel to a tree which is known as the family tree Naia and Alaric always meet at the family tree using their time traveler known as Lexie's Folly. Naia and Alaric were both looking at their photo albums and came to the conclusion were they must have the same pictures. Naia and Alaric did have a similar photo where Naia was with her dad at a summer carnival, in Alaric's photo he was with his dad at a carnival but the only difference was he was making funny faces with his dad.

Naia and Alaric then decide to meet up at the family tree and they both brought their photo albums. Before Naia and Alaric switched identities they were telling each other that they were not the same person and to pull apart from each other. Naia and Alaric pulled apart from each other but before they did they each grabbed the bags buried in the snow that had their photo albums.

Then Naia and Alaric were back in a room but Naia was in Alaric's room and Alaric was in Naia's room that's when they realized that they grabbed the wrong book bag. Both rooms soon faded into there own rooms. Naia and Alaric were sitting in the their own rooms but soon discovered that the folly (time traveler) broke, it was shattered all over the floor.

Alaric and Naia are trapped in each other's lives living the wrong lives and with the folly broken there is no way of getting back to each other and switching identities.

This is a negative conflict because they are trapped in each others lives and living the wrong lives and with the folly broken there is no way of turning back. The positive side to this conflict is Naia and Alaric get to explore each others lives.

Question: If you were trapped in the wrong life, living someone else life would you continue to live their life or would you try to find a way back to your own life?

9 comments:

  1. i would for sure try to get back to my own life!
    in the end the only person you really know is yourself and you should only try to be yourself!
    and live your own life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were trapped in the wrong life, living someone elses life I would try to find a way back to my own life! I wouldn't want to be trapped forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If i was trapped in someone else's life i would want to go back to my own life. I dont think that i would ever like living someone else's life because it wouldnt be real to me. The only life that i would want to live would be my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would find away back to my own life, because I would rather be mysel than be somebody else ( even if their life is better than mine).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would try to get back to my own life for sure, it would be hard to live as someone else. Also you life is unique to yourself, you wouldn't fit, or be able to live in a different one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would most definatly try to find my way back to my own life, it wouldnt feel right trying to live in someone elses shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would want to return to my own life because we all have an individual purpose and we each have a life to fullfill. To cheat yourself in living as someone else it wouldnt make you human and you would feel guilty everyday you awoke in your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If i were trapped in somebody else's body i would try to find my way back to my body. Its the only way you can truely be yourself

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would definitally try my hardest to get my own identity back and to live my life. I think it would be a very hard process, but i think something will change and hopefully they both get back to their right bodies and their right lives.

    ReplyDelete